In case of a minor under the age of 14, holder of an Italian travel document, traveling abroad accompanied by a person other than the parents or entrusted to the airline personnel, a Declaration of Accompaniment is required. This declaration should indicate the name of the person, organization, or transport company in the care of whom the child should be placed. Applicants must specify the minor’s travel dates on the form for a single one-way and/or return journey with a specific destination. The Declaration of Accompaniment cannot be requested at this Consulate for travel within Italy or travel within the United Kingdom.
The document request is processed by post. Parents will need to send the following documentation:
- Photocopies of the identity documents of both parents.
- Photocopy of a valid Italian identity document of the minor, valid for travel abroad.
- Photocopy of an identity document for the accompanying person, valid for travel abroad.
- Relevant form duly completed and signed by both parents.
- Pre-franked special delivery envelope (UK postage) already indicating the address where you wish to receive the Declaration of Accompaniment.
The documentation should be sent to the following address:
Consulate of Italy – Ufficio Notarile
58 Spring Gardens – 2nd Floor
ATTENTION: In case of non-European Union citizens, including British citizens, the signature must be authenticated by a British notary. Otherwise, the individual will be notified to come to the Consulate in person for authentication by an official (in this case, the signature authentication service is subject to a fee in accordance with Article 24; see consular fees